The Medic is a basic Crap Patrol infantry unit. It has no weapon; in stead, it heals nearby allied Biological units.
The Medic seems like a useful unit, but its AI causes several annoying problems.
- As only one Medic can heal a target at a time, having large numbers of Medics in an area becomes rather useless.
- Inspire picks up targets based on nearby allies, having multiple Medics near a hero causes them to absorb Inspire targets, causing actual CP combat troops to not actually be made more effective.
- The Medic has lower AI Targeting Priority than Heroes, leading to further medic buildup as they do not die in battles.
- Medics will not change targets unless the target they are healing dies or reaches full health. This means that if all available Medics are healing CP infantry, none of them will transfer to healing a nearby hero in need.
- When Medics do not have any valid healing targets, they blindly walk forward into the EC forces and die almost immediately.
- Most damningly, Medics have standard infantry collision sizes. This means that it is very, very easy for a cluster of medics to group up behind a hero and block the hero's ability to run away, thus causing the hero to die to an incoming threat, commonly a charging Ultralisk. This is why Medics are often seen as more of a hindrance than a help.
Skibi's Angel Edit
The Skibi's Angel is a slightly more powerful Medic called in by the Elite Support Drops talent. Skibi's Angels are also stationed in the spawning. Any friendly unit or hero can be healed by Medics and Skibi's Angels at the same time.